If you have an issue with snacks (I have a love/hate relationship with the station vending machine), some of these might help you out. I found them at BestHealthMag.ca
- Instead of buying snacks at a movie, chew a stick of sugar-free gum
- At parties, stand as far away as you can from bowls of chips, dips and other munchies
- If you munch in the car, bring only a single serving along. Put the rest in the trunk
- If you buy jumbo-size snacks to save money (like at Costco?), divide them into single-serving containers as soon as you get home
- Put the healthiest snacks where you’ll see them when you open cupboards or the refrigerator
- Don’t snack in your office, go somewhere else. That way you won’t associate your office with food
- At home, enjoy your snacks in the kitchen….and nowhere else
- Don’t eat to relax. Relax, then eat.
Ok, I’ll admit, some of those seem silly. Watching The Walking Dead on my couch with a snack is always a good idea!